The Town of Breckenridge, Colorado developed and established the Breckenridge Creative Arts District, also known as BreckCreate in 2014 to promote arts, culture and creative experiences throughout Breckenridge. The multidisciplinary nonprofit organization is responsible for the successful management of a series of programs, properties and partnerships that collectively animate and populate a cultural corridor in the heart of historical, downtown Breckenridge.
At the core of the Breckenridge creative community are a number of long-standing cultural organizations, including: Breckenridge Backstage Theatre, Breckenridge Film Festival, Breckenridge Heritage Alliance, Breckenridge Music Festival and National Repertory Orchestra.
Through visual and performing arts, cultural heritage, craft education, culinary and healing arts, design, film and writing, the community offers a scenic mountain environment with diverse opportunities for individual self-expression.
Choose from a wide-array of events/concerts, classes and workshops that fill the calendar this upcoming spring and summer in downtown Breckenridge, Colorado.
Explore the Campus
The new one-acre campus of restored historic structures includes the following studios and creative spaces:
- Fuqua Livery Stable (painting, drawing, beading, and one studio to rent to local artists)
- Quandary Antiques Cabin (children’s workshops)
- J.R. Hodges Tin Shop (live/work for guest/visiting artists)
- Randall Barn (printmaking and textiles, and one studio to rent to local artists)
- Robert Whyte House (live/work studio for guest/visiting artists)
- Burro Barn (public restrooms)
- Hot Shop (metalsmithing, glasswork, and encaustic painting)
- Ceramic Studio (including one studio to rent to local artists)
- Little Red Shed (gas kiln and storage for kiln yard)
- Kiln Yard (pitfiring, woodfiring, and raku)
- Ridge Street Arts Square (special events)
- Breckenridge Backstage Theatre (intimate 100-seats)
- Old Masonic Hall (multi-purpose arts facility)
- Riverwalk Center (750-seat indoor performance venue)
- Speakeasy Movie Theatre (150-seat movie theatre)
If you want to experience more of BreckCreate and are considering your own personal getaway in Breckenridge, contact Krystal Knott with Christie’s International Real Estate for the latest Breckenridge real estate information and currently available properties at 970.333.0116, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.